Bhavyassh Agarwaal has always been known for his logically designed processes and management abilities, which has been paramount in his success. His vision has fueled his entrepreneurial skill to a great extent and has allowed him to achieve his dreams. He has held several roles under his name from logistics department to operations. All of them have given him much credence when it comes to starting his own venture.
His latest venture TheChairr caters to beauty and lifestyle sector allowing users to connect and see the work done at their nearest beauty parlor, unisex salon, beautician, nail & tattoo studios, nutritionist, and beauty clinics.
Please provide a brief overview of your product/ service.
TheChairr is a tech based beauty, grooming and wellness business, head quartered in Mumbai.
- This first of its kind website lets users discover their ‘next look’ or ‘next experience’ based on the past work of service providers and not just prices.
- com’s USP is the simplicity of user interface and authenticity of the vendor information with which users find the skilled vendor and directly connect with them. Users can share their experiences, showoff a new haircut, makeup etc for other users to get inspired.
- Not only for female users. Owing to the rise of well-groomed and conscious men, and with the co-founders being men themselves, the unisex website design-experience promises to lure in the male users as well.
- The range of services extends from salons, spas, tattoo artists, mehendi artists, massage therapists, beauticians to dermatologists, cosmetologists and nutritionists.
What inspired you to build the above product/ service?
It is very difficult to say what exactly has inspired us to build the product into what it is today, but I guess the most prominent one was the insights we got from the industry experts.
The basic problem with beauty and wellness businesses is that unless it is a multi-store chain or international brand, their scale is too small to have sufficient marketing budgets and thus there are hundreds that open and close every day. We wanted and have been able to create a platform that uplifts the sector.
The look good and feel good trend in India’s youth, comprising 53 percent of the total population according to NSDC India Report, is leading to an exponential growth of the beauty and wellness market has inspired us more than anything else.
What is your life mantra?
Being patient with things, and we would never want to change that about us. Most entrepreneurs get frustrated when things do not work out as planned and often get tired in the process, which leads them to give up.
What was the most challenging part of your journey till now?
The biggest challenge is yet to come.
How did you overcome those challenges?
Experience aces all, and that’s why we believe in speaking to as many people about it, irrespective of whether they’ve been there done that or not. That way you will get closer to the perfect solution quicker without having to re-invent the wheel. Also I believe that communication solves most problems, so Ebrahim and I make sure we speak to every person involved with the challenge and 90% of the times we will find the solution there itself.
Share some details about the investments that you have been able to fetch for the business till now.
Fortunately, friends and family have been generous ever since we were in the chaotic phase with the idea, but as soon as we conceptualized and streamlined the idea, some of them became our seed investors to help us further develop the product.
How do you protect yourself from the problem of Brain Drain?
Cultivating a hobby or passion is the best solution, I believe. Ebrahim calls me a living Zomato. After an exhausting day at work, I am out mostly in Bandra or Andheri meeting friends over a meal. In addition, I am lucky, that I have friends who are fantastic chefs, so my taste buds are always delighted no matter where I am.
According to you, what are the three qualities an individual must have to achieve success?
- A Conscience
- Self Motivation
- Clear Thoughts
Which online tools/ services/ apps do you use the most and would like to recommend as well?
- Dropbox – Easy and quick access saves a lot of time. We have it all on the cloud.
- Uber – Never lets us be late for a meeting.
- E-Texting Applications – It is free and widespread.
Share any one habit, which you think, makes you more productive.
I take power naps whenever I feel the need.
Share any one habit, which you wish to change in yourself.
I do not take off from work. My laptop hangs by my side all the time, everywhere I go.
Answer in less than 50 words
Good people-management is the key to success.
- One mistake you believe every individual must avoid:
Most entrepreneurs make the mistake of not being patient with things and often frustration leads them to give up.
- One most important lesson that you have learnt till now:
Along with a great product that fills a gap in the market and actually helps users, it should also have the ability to make money, otherwise it is not a “business”.
What are your plans for next 3 years?
People with even a little disposable income are spending in self-grooming and personality growth. More vendors will be added to meet the demand.
Share a quote that inspires you the most.
“It takes a few years of hard work to become an overnight success”