Harshit BhavsarGroup Chairman & MD of Universal Hunt Published On: Monday, March 21, 2016 Views 4323
"Disciplined people, disciplined thoughts, disciplined actions leads to sustainable growth. Thin line between dream and vision is EXECUTION."
Harshit Bhavsar did his chemical engineering from DDIT. After that, he went on to pursue MBA in finance from Gujarat University. His entrepreneurial journey started with the inception of Universal Hunt in 2007. He is also the author of “Lead to Win”, a book on success through leadership.
Universal Hunt started full-fledged functioning in 2008 with primary focus in Executive Search, Turnkey Recruitment Projects, Business Advisory, and Corporate Training. It was started with a modest team and has gradually expanded to serve clientèle spread over 5 locations catering to more than 1500 clients across sectors and industries from over 20 countries.
Please provide a brief overview of your product/ service.
Universalhunt.com is global professional networking and career portal where members can find various professional opportunities, by using various engagement tools. We have divided this product in to multiple sections to simplify the usage and understanding.
- Profile – It is a unique identity of every individual to showcase the talent. It has several unique features like extreme detailing and video profiling for accurate search by other members.
- People – It allows members to search from millions of other members from all over the world and connect with people of their choice and expand their professional network and opportunities.
- Jobs – This section comprises of thousands of job opportunities across countries, industries, sectors, functions and hierarchies for members to choose from.
- Products & Services – Members can showcase their products and services in this section. It help members buy and sell your products and services online. A member can be a supplier or buyer or both.
- Knowledge – Knowledge center is the forum where global information can be exchanged.
- Event – Members can plan an event around what they can offer and know their audience before the event. Later this section will also be elevated to the extent of buying and selling tickets online.
Another major difference that Universal Hunt Group offers is unlike pure online ventures we also have offline support option for our clients who wants to hire global talent. We already cater to over 6000 offline clients from more than 80 countries apart from 10000 online clients. Universal Hunt is an omni-channel business balancing online spread with offline customization and personalizations. We also have our unique software called powerhunt, which is the best recruitment software for HR departments small, medium and large companies as well as recruitment consulting firms. Universal Hunt is an online networking portal supplemented by offline manpower consulting and software solutions in the same domain completing entire ecosystem of HR solutions.
What inspired you to build the above product/ service?
I always had a dream to get in to a business which can touch many lives so I decided to get into the business which directly addresses the core need of people – “to get employed”, which later got extended to creating a complete eco system of people solutions by extending multiple products and services via online and offline route. My vision is to balance global demand-supply of talent and opportunities using best technology and at the same time extend personalised services.
What is your life mantra?
Disciplined people, disciplined thoughts, disciplined actions leads to sustainable growth. Thin line between dream and vision is EXECUTION.
What was the most challenging part of your journey till now?
To create brand positioning in the minds of stakeholders. Many people view us or know us still as recruitment consultants but we have moved much beyond that and taken a larger shape as a 360 degree people services company both online as well as offline.
How did you overcome those challenges?
We ensure that whatever business / product / service we get in to, it has to be profitable from the 1st year itself.
Share some details about the investments that you have been able to fetch for the business till now.
We are 100% self-funded organically grown business.
How do you protect yourself from the problem of Brain Drain?
- Developing strong systems and processes, reducing dependence on people at critical levels.
- Focusing more on training to not only suppliment against people lost but develop quality people out of nothing at a rate much higher than the rate at which you loose people.
- Ensuring at early stage that people with us achieve their individual professional goals, to get overall growth including financial growth and opportunities within the system.
- Never fire anyone for performance. We strongly feel that those who are willing will perform. We focus on intensions not actions. People with good intensions, eventually perform and grow.
According to you, what are the three qualities an individual must have to achieve success?
- Determination to grow.
- Mental capacity to work hard and enjoy that hard work.
Which online tools/ services/ apps do you use the most and would like to recommend as well?
Universalhunt.com App, since i keep testing and go through routine analytics. I like this app because it covers every possible aspect a professional requires to grow. It has profile showcasing, networking, product and service showcasing, events management, knowledge center etc. all that one could demand and digest as a professional.
I use every possible app more from point of view of learning, but i am not really addicted to Apps. I prefer to avoid using mobile or even sit across PC, rather spend time with my team and meeting real people.
Share any one habit which you think makes you more productive.
Think big and pursue to achieve
Share any one habit which you wish to change in yourself.
Answer in less than 50 words
- One tip to success:
Success is a very relative term but i would say that all those who don’t feel successful are not incapable people but they think small.
- One mistake you believe every individual must avoid:
- One most important lessons that you have learnt till now:
Don’t reduce your capacity to trust anyone even when you face distrust.
What are your plans for next 3 years?
- Take Universalhunt.com to global level. Achieve at least 100 million members.
- Spread in multiple countries in terms of physical presence to extend our personalised and customised services, increasing corporate client base to over 0.1 million
- Increase our internal team strength to over 10,000
- Get in to temp / contract staffing at global level apart from Permanent Staffing, which we are already into taking total number of people on paroles to at least 0.1 million.
If you get a chance to start your career again what would you do differently this time?
I don’t regret anything i have done. Probably i would repeat all that I have done and at each stage.
What are your top three getaway destinations?
I live to not get-away but get-back Home. Any of my office. since its the most happening place for me, full of best friends and people who extends me so much love and respect. Environment is fully charged and full of energy.
Share a quote that inspires you the most.
“Thin line between dream and vision is execution….from LEAD to WIN” – A book on success and leadership.
- Business Website http://www.universalhunt.com/