Aaditya GoyalCo-Founder of BigZop Published On: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 Views 1909
"Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we're going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I'm hell-bent on making it work." -Elon Musk
Technology has always been close to Aaditya. An IIT Graduate, he always had the desire to use technology for the betterment of community and change the services industry. He was always obsessed with solving the real-life problem, by analysis data and curating things that matter.
After several stints at different organization, Aaditya went on to found BigZop.com. BigZop is a curated-inventory based hyper-local marketplace. When it started, it only delivered fruits and vegetables but now it has expanded to cover 3000+ daily need products to hundreds of exclusive customers every day. Aaditya is an enterprising person type of a person. He believes that if you work harder, then you can achieve anything.
Please provide a brief overview of your product/ service.
Curated Inventory based Hyperlocal Marketplace.
What inspired you to build the above product/ service?
The most interesting is solving a problem that no one is addressing. Any Hyperlocal Startup should add value to the consumer in the form of time, money and quality. The biggest challenge the consumer face while ordering online on any Hyperlocal service is Fill rate, Prices, Quality, On-Time Delivery. To solve this issue we designed a product which can actually address the real problem. Our Model where we curate the Inventory helps in real time tracking and managing of the product available. Curated Inventory helps in maximizing the fill rate and hence Customer satisfaction.
What is your life mantra?
Obsessed with solving the real-life problem, be it building a social media platform from scratch to discover College events(we worked on it in our College- Orangified.com). Or solving the Hyperlocal Space building Tech layer and enabling small street vendors to sell their product online.
What was the most challenging part of your journey till now?
- Facing Big Players with non-efficient models. Disruption in the space is real fun though.
- Building a great face value– With many players and local merchants solving the Grocery and Fruits & Vegetables. We took matters into our hands and started Hand-picking Fruits and Vegetables Ourselves. This led us to understand the problem very clearly and we now have a scalable model which easy to expand and reach to many parts of the country.
How did you overcome those challenges?
- Thorough Quality Check- Belief is “Do Not Deliver at all- but if we deliver it should be the best Quality”
- No Question asked return policy. This helps in building a long-lasting faith and relationship with the Consumer.
- Unconventional Marketing(Our Secret Sauce)
Share some details about the investments that you have been able to fetch for the business till now.
1. Angel Round- It is friend and family round. From our savings.
2. Pre-Seed: In talk to raise it.
How do you protect yourself from the problem of Brain Drain?
- Perks do not work for long. We have a clear performance based structure.
- We have a flat structure. Every is directly connected to each other. No Hierarchy.
- We are offering a seat on Rocket Ship. No one asks which seat.
According to you, what are the three qualities an individual must have to achieve success?
2. Market Knowledge of the base Domain
3. Believe in your team and product(but ready to accept feedback to evolve in a positive way)
Which online tools/ services/ apps do you use the most and would like to recommend as well?
2. Buffer App.
Share any one habit which you think makes you more productive.
- Thinking about one thing only at a time. Listing down what I have to do and concentrating on one task at a moment. Also Works great for Rockstars here at BigZop.
- We get together for weekly plans and hit the targets right on.
Share any one habit which you wish to change in yourself.
Craving for Cheese.
Answer in less than 50 words
One tip to success:
More your work harder, luckier you get.
One mistake you believe every individual must avoid:
Weighing too much on someone’s talent and not someone’s personality. it matters a lot whether if someone has a good heart.
One most important lesson that you have learnt till now:
The path will be frightening, but you have to go on. Don’t stop until you see the light.
What are your plans for next 3 years?
Enabling even the street side vendor to sell online. Provide them with devices, platform and orders & let them do what they do best. To increase the income of the lower strata through technology and have a better lifestyle.
If you get a chance to start your career again what would you do differently this time?
What are your top three getaway destinations?
Share a quote that inspires you the most.
“Optimism, pessimism, fuck that; we’re going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I’m hell-bent on making it work.” -Elon Musk